Re: Center console cover issues and clutch cylinder adjustment

To: SLBESQ@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Center console cover issues and clutch cylinder adjustment
From: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 19:24:12 +0000
Steve,

Mine was not so easy.  Engine seized about 5 years ago.  Pulled out engine
last March.  Cause of seized engine was fallen valve seat.  Decided to do a
partial rebuild.  New rings, bearings, bushings, valves, machine work,
chains, gears, etc.  Head work, etc.  Found some early style Solex's with B
cam, air cleaner, etc.  Rebuilt them and then rebuilt tranny.  Rebuilt front
brakes and cleaned out all brake lines.  New fuel lines and the usuals.

Now, I've got most of stuff back in and car finally started.  The first time
engine was put back in I think the shop set up chains wrong because car
would just not run anything close to steady.  They came out to my house,
pulled head, and reset chains.  And paid for all labor and parts out of
their pocket.  They did this last Friday.

So, I'm trying to get everything back on teh car and looking decent.  I've
got new carpets, but I'm also trying to figure out a stereo solution to the
car.  As well as a few interior details.  Paint and body work will have to
wait for a few years.

But at least I'm getting closer!!!

Allen
1970 2000 #13774