horn problems

To: Datsun-Roadsters List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: horn problems
From: bill <wschaibe@ucsd.edu>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 20:09:24 -0800
I would like to get my horn working again.  It worked fine until I had
to replace the turn signal switch.  After I installed the new switch it
worked but only when I pressed a little brass spring type thing on the
underside of the column (the plastic cover not installed).  The horn
button wouldn't do it.  Now nothing does it.  I have a Grant steering
wheel.  Could the horn relay be out?  How does one test it.  I know the
horns themselves work.  I don't know how to go about tracing down my
problem.

The black 1600 on ebay looks awfully nice but were only 1200 really
made?

Bill
70 1600
San Diego