GM Alternator; dealing with PO's rewiring project

To: "Roadster Mail Group" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: GM Alternator; dealing with PO's rewiring project
From: "audela2" <audela2@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 15:06:23 -0700
We're still trying to figure out how to install our new self-regulating
alternator.  If anyone is game to try figuring it out, the link below will
take you to a very crude drawing of the connections as they currently are.
The new alternator is wired according to what the guy at the parts store
suggested, but he was at a total loss with the wire from the starter.  There
is an on-off switch on the dash that we have no idea what it is for, and
unless it is necessary, we'd like to remove it.  The wiring has been
completely "redone" by a previous owner, using mostly red wire so following
anything is quite a challenge and the stock wiring diagrams are pretty much
useless.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.azroc.org/spl310/alternator.html

Thanks in advance!
Charlotte & Leonard Hoover
Phoenix, Arizona