It's A Small World

To: "Roadster Mail Group" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: It's A Small World
From: "audela2" <audela2@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 09:13:35 -0700
I was perusing the archives this morning, looking for information on wiring
our new self-regulating 60 amp alternator (a major challenge since a PO had
completely "rewired" the Roadster) when I started following an April, 1999
thread started by a list member restoring a 1600.  On the "Previous by Date"
link on one of the posts was an ad for a 1963 Fairlady for sale.  I'm always
checking the ads, even if they are over 3 years old.

I was thinking the serial number in the ad looked familiar (it's Christmas
morning, my brain isn't fully functional yet) and thought it was interesting
that this Roadster was in Northern Cal, too.  Then, I got to the license plate
description, 63 Lady and it hit me.  This is a description of OUR '64 1500
over 2 years before we bought it! The ad was posted on behalf of the
previous-previous owner by Dan Z, who had gone to see the vehicle, and the
description was quite flattering.

Let's see... Mark Dent had driven our '64 1600 project car years before we
were group members & years before we owned it, and Dan previewed our 1500 for
the group years before we were members & years before we owned it.  It is
indeed a small Roadster world!

Happy Holidays to Everyone!!
Charlotte & Leonard Hoover
Phoenix, Arizona