Bits and Pieces (Car Update)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Bits and Pieces (Car Update)
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 12:15:35 -0800
Hey All,

For those of you that have been following the restoration of my 1967.5 2000
roadster, you know that many major evolutions need to hapen during a frame
off restoration. Body work, acid dipping, welding and suspension component
sand blasting and coating. However, a new stage in the restoration is
starting to manifest itself.  I call it the "bits and pieces" stage.

It started off when Ross called me to worriedly tell me he could not find
the inside door opener trims for my car. I then told him that the reason he
could not find them is that I never had them.

When I bought the car in 1999, it had sat in a junkyard for five years. It
really did not have any interior to speak of. None of the interior trim was
really there.

So now I am ordering door trims and other small bits.  It still never ceases
to amaze me how many parts go on these cars ( or how much they cost). I
think once the car is done I am going to go through all my invoices and
parts list and try to come up with the number of parts on the car.

However, the large stuff is still prgressing well. Engine is being rebuilt
with pretty much new everything. Frame is being built and should be rolling
sometime next month. Body is being prepared for priming and soon that
beautiful Thunder Black color.

Anyhow, more pics are promised and soon enough it will be a car again.

Take Care,

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 SRL311-00489
SoCalROC