Re: Alternate U20 heads?

To: David & Candy Pina <casalp@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Alternate U20 heads?
From: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:06:56 -0800
David,

The ports on the FIA head are in a different location.

The pattern number for all of the original U-20 heads was "222".  The
replacement head made in the '80s was different.  There was a fuel
injection head made for some reason and even it had the 222 pattern number
even though it had 10mm spark plug threads and no ribs over the combustion
chamber near the spark plugs.

There were some intake manifolds made for 50mm carbs that didn't have
internal water passages and they may have been made for normal port
locations and FIA locations also.  The runners on these carbs were about
3/4" shorter.

I don't know the pattern number on the Z20 engines but they are cross flow
design.

Stan
=======