Re: Fuel gauge

To: rimshot@a-znet.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel gauge
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 11:17:37 -0800
89 years old and driving a roadster! You go Joe! You are an inspiration to
anyone who thinks they are too old to drive a sports car.

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 SRL311-00489
SoCalROC

From: "Joe Jackson" <rimshot@a-znet.com>
To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel gauge
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 12:41:06 -0500

I have a dead 67 SPL 311-14752 that I am trying to bring back to
life(rusty,not driven for 12 years) as a drive-around,not show car quality.
The schematic shows a power source that feeds only the temp gauge and the
fuel
gauge. The temp gauge works when a lower resistance is substituted for the
sensor, but the fuel gauge does not. The sender is OK and the lead to the
gauge checks out.The feed to the fuel gauge shows the same cscillating
voltage
that works OK for the temp gauge when checked within a few inches of the
gauge( inaccessible without removing the dash.)
All of which points toward a faulty fuel gauge as all other gauges work.
1. Am I missing something here?
2. Any handy-dandy way of curing my problem ?
At age 89 obviosly I am not anxious to dismantle the dash.
Thanks in advance. ................Joe
PS The emails are of immeasurable help.