Here's a new one- the wiring gremlins are getting creative.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Here's a new one- the wiring gremlins are getting creative.
From: "Amy & Erik" <erikandamy@integraonline.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 15:12:14 -0600
So I think I will take the roadster around the block since it is a lovely 25
deg and sunny today.  The last time I worked on it was a month or so ago and
I was attempting to tune my carbs with little sucsess.  It was able to run
around the block though.
So I start it up with no problem.  Let it idle for about 10 minutes until my
temp gauge moved, go to shift in to reverse and it dies.  No problem, it
must just be gas as I ran it empty the last time.  More gas, runs fine.
Shift into reverse and it dies.
Repeat.
Repeat.
My reverse light has not worked since I bought the car a few years ago.  I
didn't know if it was the switch or what- and didn't really care.  At least
I know my switch does something.
Can anyone think of a reason for this?
I am pretty sure the answer is I have a short somewhere.  I could however
start calling this my new security feature.  Feel free to copy my idea, but
you need to tell me what you did so I can un-do it on my car.
Erik Smeby
2L1600 (forward only)