RE:Who Is Who

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:Who Is Who
From: "Steve Allen" <67datroad@vbbn.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:25:33 GMT
Steve Allen here. I have been on the list 5 years. I lurk more than I
participate and tend to stir things up quite unintentionally when I do post.
Like the time I was called a shill. Any way, I am 50 years young, happily
married to the same woman I fell in love with 28 years ago. We have two
grown children and a soon to be 5 year old grandson who is my little buddy.
He loves the roadster. I retired from the US Navy Seabees after 20 years of
service as a BUC(SWC) about eight years ago. I have my State of California
general building contractors license but have it inactivated. Prior to my
leaving the service I went back to school and got my BS in Information
Systems. Right now, I work as an IT Analsyt for a 3M manufacturing plant in
Petaluma, CA. I take care of all the infastructure stuff i.e. networking,
phones system, paging, phonemail, security system, workstations and servers.
I have been into cars since before I could drive. Early on I never had much
money to do anything. Imagine that! My first car was a 63 TR4 Herald me and
my dad drug from a farmers field. I got it running and one of my friend's
dad painted it a dark blue with laquer which we buffed out. Damn fun car.
Next was a 64 Chevy Impala, a 65.5 Ford Mustang, a 69 'Cuda with a 440
Magnum(Rocket Ship from the factory), a 128 Fiat Station wagon, 67 Ford
Fairlane, a 70's Ford LTD, 73 Chevy pickup, and then came the Z's. Bought my
first Z in 1979 and have had several Z cars including a 76 280 fuel
injected. I still have a '72 240 I drive to work when I am not in the
roadster. I have tried them all from Mopar to Datsun/Nissan. I bought my
first roadster in 1996. I had never seen one before and really was not even
sure what it was. So I am a newbie to roadsters compared to many of you. I
ended up parting it out as it was really in sad shape. I bought the 67.5
1600(purple beast) from Mike Young and restored it myself except for
building the stroker motor. I am not afraid to tear into something and
always finish what I start. As you can see by my signature I have three of
them now. It is very hard to stop at just one. Me and another friend started
a roadster club in the northbay called the 311 Skid Marks. We skid marks
know how to have fun with these cars and tend to leave patches of rubber
where ever we travel. We have ten plus members but six are diehard core
members that get together once a month for a fun run and boy do we have fun.
About a year and a half ago I published a web site with our Roadsters in
mind. Granted, there are others sites out there but my main point was the
online registry. The registry is doing well but I do not think I will make
my 1000th entry by the end of the year. I built an SCCA GP racecar out of a
66 I picked up from Modesto. This year I spent tweaking and testing. Got my
official SCCA log book. Next year I hope to enter a few races and get my
regional license. I am an avid Winston Cup, Bush, SuperTruck fan and watch
as many races as I can. More than you wanted to know probably. The list is a
great resource. Back to lurk mode.

Steve Allen
Rohnert Park, CA
67.5 stroked