Roadster, 510, garage, other stuff.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Roadster, 510, garage, other stuff.
From: frankr@hwcn.org (Frank Roggeband)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 19:11:36 -0400
Well the roadster has been sitting on it's side long enough. Time to
clean out and re arrange the garage for some winter projects, namely
the 510. The roadster body is now back on the frame temporarily as we
prepare to complete the 510. After the 510 is on the road there will
be more space to concentrate on the roadster. This will also clear out
the basement a little as some of the 510 parts get used up.

My buddy Doug and I took a little trip for some supplies and I mentioned
that there was a roadster just beside the highway that has been sitting on
a trailer for the past 10 years or so. Doug, being a body man and a builder/
restorer of hot rods and other classic cars, did I mention Datsun freak?,
just had to see it. Well we knocked on the door and got no answer so we
checked it out. It is a low windshield car, rumours are that it is a 1500
but we didn't get that close a look without disturbing the tarp. What we
could see was not good:-(. Years of sitting under a tarp have wreaked
havok with whatever metal used to be under the bondo. It has been gradually
falling apart where it sits. It would not even make a good parts car. Most
of the interior is missing. and bouncing the suspension only causes large
sheets of rust to slough off the underside. This car will probably crumble
to dust if the trailer it sits on ever hits a bump.

--
Frank Roggeband  | 67.5 1600, 69 1600, 71 510 wagon, 75 710, 93 KingCab
Hamilton Ontario | http://www.hwcn.org/~ae845/Profile.html