Re: Summit Point

To: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Summit Point
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 06:42:42 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: sidney raper <spl310@hotmail.com>
To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2002 11:21 PM
Subject: Summit Point

> Well??  How did Tom do???
>
> Sidney Raper

  Tom Phelan ran his vintage 2000 roadster at the SVRA Blue-Gray Challenge
at Summit Point this past weekend.  Tom tried to sign up for the Gray team,
but the lady at registration recognized that even though his current address
is North Carolina, his accent was all New York!
  Tom's car is beautiful.  A real credit to all Tom has learned about body
work in the last few years.  I hadn't seen the car since Tom dragged it home
from Detroit 3 years ago, stuffed with boxes of parts and lots of track
wear!
  Tom's lap times at Summit Point dropped each session and he lowered his
times by more than 8 seconds a lap by the end of the weekend.  This was
Tom's first race weekend.  He may not have had a trophy finish all weekend,
but his smile was the biggest one in the paddocks after each race!
  No major repairs were required.  But I did learn how to remove a 2000
drive shaft to tighten the tail shaft flange!  Once Tom gets settled back at
home this week, his plans are to start at the headlights and tighten every
bolt until he gets to the tail lights.  Lots of bolts loosed up after the
first couple or runs on the track.
  But the car ran flawlessly.  And it looks fantastic on the track.  And
those of us lucky enough to have been there, had a blast!

Paul Kort