Re: Painting a license plate

To: <Robert.Long@acs-inc.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Painting a license plate
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:56:46 -0400
Easiest way I've found to paint a plate ( did some for my dad) is to paint
the entire plate with lacquer the color you want the letters/numbers to be.
Let dry thoroughly ( at least overnight), then spray paint the entire plate
the background color using enamel ( you can spray enamel over lacquer, but
not the other way around.)
While the enamel is still wet, carefully wipe off the tops of the numbers /
leters with quad-folded paper towels dampened with enamel reducer.  The
enamel reducer will not affect the lacquer underneath.  The corners of the
paper towel let you cut a clean edge.  Any minor edge clean up can be done
with a tiny brush after the inital enamel dries.
Mark Sedlack
OROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH
66 1600 http://home.neo.rr.com/mark2000/images/datsun1600/