carb and tune up

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: carb and tune up
From: "Mike" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:04:20 -0700
well I am really confused. I have used 3 different instructions to try and
adjust the carbs.

1. choke cable is loose

2. mixture adjustment nut was tightened all the way and the backed out three
turns

3. the adjustment screw on each card was tightened and then backed out two
turns

4. backed out the adjustment screw on the control arms that controls both
carbs.

5. started car.

6. adjusted the carb air intake rate with the unisync gauge. I adjusted them
until they are pulling air the same with the float on the center line of the
three lines.

7. started adjusting the mixture nut.

I can get the car to run and idle smooth at 1400 rpms. when I tighten it all
the way the rpms go up. when I try to loosen it the engine starts jumping
around and shaking the car. I must be doing something wrong. the car idled
around 600 rpms before I started but was a little rough. now it wont idle
smooth unless its a 1400 rpms. anyone care to guess!

thx,

mike