Re: turn signal blues- swap the flashers

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: turn signal blues- swap the flashers
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 00:49:50 EDT
In a message dated 8/27/02 3:02:12 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
tom@fransfancies.com writes:

> I think I saw two flashers up on left side up under the dash.
> One is most likely the  4-Way flasher, and the other would
> be the turn signal flasher.  If that flasher is shot you might just
> get what you have.  Take a look.

Just swap the flashers for verification that one is bad. easy- cheesy eh ?

BTW - had problems on my 70 w/ ign switch & some other wiring - the actual
"turn" signals are on an "ign switched" circuit - only come on when the key
is in "run" position. the 4way are on a hot all the time circiut - you can
turn them on with everything else shut off.  Something was goofed up in the
harness, and the easiest way to fix it was to swap the circuits... now I just
have to be careful not to bump the turn sig lever when the car is parked !

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC
Chandler, AZ