RE: economics of stroker parts

To: "'O'Farrell, Fergus'" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>,
Subject: RE: economics of stroker parts
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 14:39:21 -0700
>Fegus O Forklift Wrote - Parts designed for low rpm and low stress
applications may have serious weak points that short term/high stress (spin
VERY fast) and long term/normal stress (1000's of thermal cycles, and
others) may illustrate.  The reality of 'shaking force' of rotating parts
and a fully weighted crank balancing is one of many.
-----

I must admit the thought crossed my mind when Steve B. was demonstrating his
H-20 block, very massaged R-16 head, 44 PHH solex powered stroker by
wrapping thrid gear up to 7,000+! A mental picture of the crank jumping out
of the hood and doing a salsa dance was in my mind.

It didn't seem to bother him all that much though! Actually, by the smile on
his face, I would think he was rather confident that his industrial strength
block could take all he could dish out. Who am I to question another owners
joy?

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
65 L-320 Pickup