was : $295 tensioner, now H20

To: Brian_Hollands@adp.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: was : $295 tensioner, now H20
From: Marko Lahtinen <lahtinen_marko@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:26:17 +1000 (EST)
Brian

I think you miss the point of H20 engines and our
cars.  Our R16 is also known in Nissan literature as a
H16.  The H20 and R16 are essentially the same engine
just configured differently (2L vs 1.6L).  I don't
think anyone thinks the R16 is a piece of crap.  Yes,
the H20 is used as a forklift engine.  But it is also
used in Nissan Commercial vehicles (eg E20) etc. Hence
there are suitable H20 versions out there for simple
engine swaps and H20 parts that can be put into the
R16 to stroke it to a 2L.  And as a readily available
engine, its all relatively cheap.

Marko
64 1500 with R16 stroked to 2L
Sydney