Re: Timing problems..... I want to get to The Glen!

To: "Mark Dent" <mark@dealermats.com>,
Subject: Re: Timing problems..... I want to get to The Glen!
From: "reblues.net" <reblues@reblues.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 18:27:56 -0400
Mark,

First I would double-check that distributor was completely seated.  Then I
would check the wire I was testing was the # 1 wire.  With the engine set as
you described, pull the distributor cap. The rotor should be pointing to the
# 1 terminal in the cap.  I haven't had my engine together in so long I
can't remember with what position that is, but that's the one you should use
to set the timing.

To do the initial setting on the timing.  Line the degree line you are
setting for at the timing mark.  With distributor loose, and the ignition
on, slowly turn the distributor until the points spark.  This should get you
close enough to get it running.

Wish I was going to the Glen!

Good Luck
Richard