ANYONE OUT THERE???? SU uptdate!

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: ANYONE OUT THERE???? SU uptdate!
From: Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 14:49:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hey, it's lonely out here!!! No Roadster rides, No Roadster pictures, No
Roadster problems, No Roadster solutions.......nothing!

Here is a bittersweet SU update.

 Per the 311.org tech tips, I adjusted the mixture on my carbs using a set of
calipers. Take off the dome, piston, and measure. Sure enough works.  .09
inches seemed to be the magic #  I took it for a test run after cleaning it all
up, cleaning the carbs and plugs......Ran No better! Crap!

It couldn't be my almost brand new NGK plug wires (note sarcasm), could it?

for the hell of it I put on a different set of wires......VROOOOOM!!!!!!!

Satisfied in my victory, I drove the car around a bit then came home and parked
it.

here's where it gets better.......

If you remember my ordeal to put in a starter. (long starter with headers)

Well,my new, used starter, that has been in there a week.......it went bad!!I

 Smacked it with a crow bar, got it to work, but here we go again!

Boy, My life has been a Roadster Soap Opera lately.

 Oh well, I hope to have amused someone.

Roman