Re: 1500 valve cover and breather oil cap wanted

To: SLBESQ@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1500 valve cover and breather oil cap wanted
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:28:04 -0700
The cap itself breathes out to the atmosphere.  There is no PCV elbow in
the cover.  Gases go out into the air (bad) instead of into the air
cleaner.  This would be for a car with air horns and filter socks rather
than a stock type air filter.  Not saying it's a great idea, just an idea.

At 04:27 PM 8/21/2002 -0400, SLBESQ@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 08/21/2002 12:42:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>ambradley@attbi.com writes:
>

>>If anyone out there has a non-vented 1500 valve cover and breather cap they
>>want to part with cheap, please let me know.
>

>if it's non-vented, why does it need a breather cap?

Adam Bradley
'70 Datsun 1600 Roadster SPL311-28181
'67 Datsun RL411 SSS sedan RL411-11321
'66 Datsun PL411 sedan PL411-022447