Re: 2 Oil gauges?

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2 Oil gauges?
From: "Amy & Erik" <erikandamy@integraonline.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:02:51 -0500
Good question.
I never thought of testing my gauges. I have never seen any testing
equipment, though I am sure it exists.  I assume that testing would involve
removal of the gauge.  Been there done that, anything that limits my time
under the dashboard is a good thing.  It's a 68 high windshield-ugly dash
car.

I wanted gauges with actual numbers on them vs a high and low.  I can keep
the aftermarket ones until I know my factory gauges work, and get an idea
what the values are based on the position of the needle.  IE 180 deg vs 190
deg- I have no idea where that would be on the factory gauge as it has no
markings.
The temp gauge took all of 10 minutes to install (without dealing the gauge
light), and it can be removed just as quickly.   They are the same ones that
Napa sells under their own name for $20+ that I get from a discount (read
crappy) tool outlet for $4-$10.  Not Autometer by any means, but still will
give me an idea what it means when the temp needle right in the center.
Whenever I get the time and motivation to do a flat dash conversion, I will
invest in some better stuff.

And with all the extra gauges, it gives it that super cool Craig Hooper's
car cockpit look :)
Erik Smeby