Re: Brake drum diameter for '69 1600

To: "Teesun68" <teesun68@telus.net>,
Subject: Re: Brake drum diameter for '69 1600
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 18:05:02 -0400
There's a bevel on the steel lining. You can't cut past that. A friend who
is a great mechanic was looking at my drums as I was bead blasting them at
his shop and told me that on most cars the bevel is there to warn shops not
to cut past that line. It's true on Brit cars so it should be true on ours.
I mean the Datsun engineers in the late 50s weren't exactly too original and
copied/licensed many Brit parts.

Mike