Sold my Datsun last week

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net"<datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sold my Datsun last week
From: Ryan Bird<birdman@myrealbox.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 13:29:00 -0600
I am sorry to report that I sold my Datsun last week.  I enjoyed having it, but
decided it did just not fit with my lifestyle anymore.  I ended up letting it
go for $100 just to get it out of my hair.

Ok, before any of my good friends get all upset, it was my '76 280z 2+2.  I
loved that car, was the second owner, bought it in the fall of 1990, put over
100,000 miles on it, drove it from the east coast to the west, Canada to
Mexico.  It had the best possible personalized plate:  BIRD   .  It was my High
School sports car that lasted me through marriage and even a first child.  The
engine had over 250,000 miles on it, but was still strong.  The Utah weather
had taken its toll, and though by Utah standards it might not yet have been
qualified as a Rust Bucket ,it was on its way.  The interior was not bad, the
back seats still immaculate and boy did she shine with a good coat of
armor-all.  But I digress..   I sold it to someone who also had a 76 280z 2+2
which was in much worse shape than mine.  He saw it parked under an apple tree
at my mothers house and asked what I wanted for it, he was amazed when I told
him $100.  His plans are to restore it with parts off of his '76.  I wish him
the best of luck.  That was my car, my baby.  I was known in my hometown as the
owner of the Datsun that just wouldn't die.  A quote from my younger brother
about what neighbors said about the car:  "It might not have been the fastest
car around, but he made it the fastest car around."  Anyway, enough of a
eulogy, I am very happy to see the car go to a good home and hope it will be
back on the road again soon.

Roadster Content:  I've been in Ohio 5 days a week for the last two weeks, I'll
be in Mexico for a week soon, then back to Ohio...  I haven't driven her in
nearly a month as I need to re-wire the starter and just haven't had the
time...  I'm home on weekends and somehow my family thinks I should spend time
with them instead of pulling out the starter...  Strange, I know.

Ryan Bird
67 1600
www.azroc.org/ryan