RE: SU carb rebuild/tuning problem

To: "Brian Hollands" <Brian_Hollands@adp.com>,
Subject: RE: SU carb rebuild/tuning problem
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 11:58:51 -0700
I mis-replied; I thought there was a problem before but you feared it might
still be there even though you hadn't installed them yet.  Please be aware
that there HAS to be some leakage there.  If it was perfectly sealed (no
air got through) the throttle shafts wouldn't turn at all.  What you're
experiencing may be normal or might not be.  If you're comfortable tuning
them, or have someone else to look at them, then I'm sure you're right, but
if you're not sure, then let someone else have a try to see if it's normal
before shipping them back.

At 02:48 PM 8/17/2002 -0400, Brian Hollands wrote:
>Contact Z therapy.  That is a very common problem on SU's.  The fix is easy
>and several company's and at least one individual (forgot who) on this list
>can do it.  Basically it consists of new or modified throttle shafts and
>bushings put into the carb body to restore the clearance and end the vacuum
>leak.  If ZT rebuilt them and there's a problem, they shouldn't give you any
>flak about fixing the issue.  You'll have to send them back though.
>
>Brian '69 2000
>Tampa, FL
>http://web.tampabay.rr.com/oilleak/

Adam Bradley