stupid SU question

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: stupid SU question
From: Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:29:19 -0700 (PDT)
Ok, the heading tells the tale.

when you lift the piston, and the revs go down, should you adjust "that carb"
or the other one?

after the starter change I changed carbs from the 67 to the 70 and now the
thing runs like crap!!

ran fine at first and then started coughing and sputtering with no power.

I checked it out and found that the vacum line to the front carb wasn't on. I
put it on and it was doing fine....for like a day.

the motor runs very rough and just for the hell of it I pulled the plug wires
from the front 2 cylinders, no change, yet both plugs have spark.

I'm not sure if I have a carb problem or electrical problem, any way blah blah.

sorry to bore you with my ignorance.

Roman