Found more local Datsun!!

To: "510s" <bluebirds@bluebirds.datsun510.com>,
Subject: Found more local Datsun!!
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 19:22:04 -0400
   Yesterday making sales calls for the new job, I spotted a 510 wagon in a
customer's parking lot.  I left a business card and a short note, hoping to
hear from the owner.  He called this evening.  The 510 is his wife's, but he
got to drive it yesterday because it was 'acting funny'!  I was lucky to
drive by when I did.  He has owned 510s for years and at one time AX'd one
locally.  Said he would love to find a 2 door to fix up for himself.
  To make it better, one of his brothers has a 2000 Solex roadster that was
built up to AX.  I actually had met his brother several years ago but lost
track of him when he moved to Georgia. Now he is back in town and lives real
close to where I work.  And, his other brother has a garage full of roadster
& 510 parts.  AND!!!!, he is losing his rented garage space and needs to
sell off all his parts.  Sure glad I still own a truck!
  I'll let both lists know what kind of parts I find.  I can't afford to buy
much of anything right now, so what ever doesn't go to local OROC members
will be for sale right away.

  I once asked Craig Halsted how he found so many roadsters.  He claimed it
was maintaining 'positive Datsun thoughts'.  Well, Craig, it took years of
practice, but it finally looks like all that practice worked!

Paul Kort
1972 510 wagon
1969 1600 roadster