Re: Problem #1 Charging

To: Thomas - Sweden <csp311@telia.com>, tom@fransfancies.com
Subject: Re: Problem #1 Charging
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:21:41 -0700
Ian,

Patrick is right, but when I read about the voltage difference between the
battery and the alternator I wondered what gauge wire you ran from the
alternator
to the battery.  If it is too small you could have a substantial voltage drop on
that wire, which will show up as heat along the length of the wire.

I just changed engines in my car.  I added heavy braided straps around the motor
mounts to form the body to engine block ground connection.  It should provide me
with a very reliable ground connection to the frame of the car.  I am also
checking the frame to body ground connections to make sure they are just as
reliable.

Tom
69 2000
Portland, Oregon