Basic SU questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Basic SU questions
From: WisslerJon@aol.com
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 13:41:33 -0400
Aren't the standard SU carbs on a SRL 38mm??  I got a illustrated buyers guide
for Datsun Sports Cars and it claims they were 44's but I thought that was only
for the Solex carbs.

Related question:  I've seen carb and manifold setups on ebay advertised for L
series 510's that indicate they are off of a Roadster and will fit.  The
manifold certainly can't be the same can it?  What's the difference between the
510 SSS 38mm SU setup and the standard Roadster SU setup.

The answer to these and other interesting questions will be eagerly awaited on
my end of the line.  Thanks in advance.

69 2000
69 510 Wagon
66 520 Pickup