TDROCers

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: TDROCers
From: "milton3" <milton3@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 18:54:32 -0600
Folks,

I recall someone talking about running original year tags on their TX
roadsters.  It is even easier - and cheaper - to just buy a never
circulated set of tags.

The secret source:  John's Mustangs in Houston, TX.  Find them at:
http://johnsmustang.com/Catalog/273/  They stock '65 through '73 (the real
Mustang years) and you can sometimes find the oddball year too (i.e., I
ran a '74 tag from them on a 2002).  I just picked up my '69 tag (great
condition, still had the original plastic envelope and the tissue
advertising the Texas Prison Rodeo seperating the plates).

Note:  not that you can effectively hide in a Roadster, but ...  When you
run the original year tags, the number displayed on that tag is
meaningless.  Your license plate number is actually written on the window
sticker in about 1/4" tall letters.  This means: no need to edit the tag
in pics, no worry about theives getting your addy from the state, fairly
frequent visits with police that now have an innocent excuse to pull you
over and get to know you and the car.  I find that few TX police are aware
that the old tags can be run 24/7, unlimited mileage, legally as long as
the car is inspected annually.  Of course, you also have the option to run
them as "antique" which is mucho cheaper (biannual registration to the
tune of like $20 total, instead of regular price plus $15/year to run them
as Classic), but restricts your driving time and distance.

Milton
Daytime 2000

Milton