VG30 Conversion Completed! Just in time for Road Atlanta!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: VG30 Conversion Completed! Just in time for Road Atlanta!
From: "Leonard Sprague" <sprague@ufl.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:13:07 -0400
Hello Roadster Fans!

Hey SEROC'ers! Road Atlanta Approaches!

I can't hardly wait to go to Road Atlanta this September Sept. 13-15, 2002.
Does anyone how or where to get tickets? Do we buy them online... or just
get them when we get there? Will we be allowed to do any laps??

I've heard that Tom Phelan will be making his racing coming out during Road
Atlanta. I can't wait to see his roadster racer! It should be sweeeeet!

On a personal note... It's done!!! My VG30 powered '69 1600 is ALIVE!
SPL311-25453 is alive once again... and with some added kick!

My friend (and mechanic of 10+ years), Mark, has finished the VG30 ('86
300zx) conversion in my roadster. Mark was a mechanic for Nissan for 20++
years and had the crazy idea that he could get a VG30 & trans in a roadster
without cutting the body or making any permanent changes. He had to get a
little creative but... he was right. It's a really tight fit, as you can
imagine, but it fits. And boy, is it fun! Whoooo!!!

Mark's finishing the Volvo brake conversion before we head up to Atlanta.
I'm really looking forward to finally meeting everyone and putting a face
with the names.

-Lenny Sprague
69 - 1600 / VG30 Powered!

pictures: http://rabbit.circa.ufl.edu/gallery/roadster

p.s. - the pictures don't show it, but, yes, the hood closes AND everything
IS COMPLETELY reversible.