Re: 44 PPH Solex Carbs on EBay (this time in text :)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 44 PPH Solex Carbs on EBay (this time in text :)
From: Dennis Currington <dc@datsuns.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 22:26:16 -0700
  Fairladyracing@aol.com wrote:

>John:
>
>There are three distictly different versions of 44mm Mikuni carbs made for
>the Roadster, of which you described the originals for your 67 2000 with the
>two small (very special) screws holding on the jet cover. The second
>generation had a single wingbolt cover, and still internal adjustable float.
>The third generation had a single screw cover, external adjustable float.
>This auction is for the standard 44's direct from Mikuni of America, which
>was somewhat similar to the third generation, but with a completely different
>float cover plate, fuel inlet from the top, and generic linkage. These were
>never made as a direct bolt on for the Roadster, as they were meant to mount
>on a Mikuni manifold for Dodge, Datsun (510/240,NAPS-Z),MGB, Toyota, Mazda,
>BMW, Mercedes, Honda, Volkswagen, and Suzuki. They can be adapted with the
>correct linkage (NLA?). Hope this helps.
>
>Dan & Susan
>Portland, OR.
>Multiple 2000's (some with Solex carbs)

Dan is correct.  I bought a pair from this guy knowing that they are not
a "bolt-on" for a 2000, but the correct carbs IF you have the correct
linkage.

I don't know what these were meant to go on, but the sure are jetted for
a BIG motor (200 & 180).  That, however, is just a minor inconvenience.

They will be soon be heard on my 67.5 appearing at a show near you. :-)

Dennis