race car update

Subject: race car update
From: Chris Coker <chriscoker@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 23:05:33 -0400
It's been a pretty good racing season this summer.

This past weekend, I took my GP 1600 to Mid-Ohio for the first time, for the
19th annual Brat Bash Double Regional.  Chris and Diane Luers of OROC crewed
for me, and we had a great weekend, and great weather.

Since it was my first time to race at this track, I set conservative goals
for myself.  Also, I'm still in the process of sorting out the car.  With
Chris' help, by the end of the weekend, the car run running better than it
ever has.  I had to back off quite a bit during the final race on Sunday due
to a broken throttle spring, but I was fortunate to finish 2nd in class on
Saturday and Sunday.

Earlier this summer I also trophied at the 1st annual joint Waterford
Hills/SCCA regional race.

I'm still hopeful to run a few more races this summer.  Now that the car's
performance is improving, I want to get it out there and drive.  There are
faster and more expensive cars at the track, but the roadsters always seem
to draw attention.  It seems just about everyone has some sort of roadster
story.

Happy Roadstering,
--
Chris Coker