Re: 44 PPH Solex Carbs on EBay

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 44 PPH Solex Carbs on EBay
From: Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 19:54:05 -0700 (PDT)
Well a new, used, functional Long starter is in! took me 4 hrs

I recently installed a 2 inch exhaust system and the collector was bolted up
with an impact wrench (after it came loose the first 24 hrs)

Trying to get that last nut and bolt off (you know the one where your hand
won't fit and the wrench keeps banging against the pipe) was hell. finally got
it free.

the starter was the culprit! Next time I go through this, I'm getting a short
starter or if funds allow, a gear reduction starter.......remind me.

thanks to everyones input and i'm glad I got a chance to contribute some kind
of thread to the list today.......take care,

Roman