Problem with non-stock coil setup

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Problem with non-stock coil setup
From: matthew peterson <pete_303@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 20:32:07 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone,

I was on this list a couple of years ago and was doing a L20b engine swap.
Well, because of school I had to put the roadster on the backburner but I have
some time to work on it again and I've run into a problem.  I have an
electronic ignition distributer without the "matchbox".  I have a GM HEI module
wired up to it and the coil (12V input coil with no resistor) but I can't get
the coil to produce any current to the distributer.

With the ignition key in the on position the + and - sided of the coil are hot
but I can't get any current out of the coil.  The current seems to go to the
HEI module but not out of it to the distributer.  I'm lost.  I wired it up per
the directions on the webpage www.sonic.net/~kyle/gmhei.html.   Both the wires
that went to the resistor are now going to B on the module.  The C spade on the
module is wired to the - side of the coil along with the wire that was already
there.  The red (positive) wire from the dist. is going to the W on the module
and the green (neg.) is going to the G on the module.  The original two wires
that were connected to the + side of the coil are still going to the + side.

Did that make any sense?  I hope someone out there can help me.  This is the
last thing I need to get working to get my roadster back on the road and I
can't get it to work!

I would very much appreciate any help at all.  I've tried everything I can
think of and can't figure it out.

Matt Peterson '68 1600 (with a L20b with no spark!)