Re: exhaust gaskets and ar leaks

To: Marko Lahtinen <lahtinen_marko@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Re: exhaust gaskets and ar leaks
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 22:08:03 -0500 (CDT)
You may have a problem with the amount of pressure that the manifold nuts
put on the header. Compare the thickness of the header and intake manifold
at the locations where a single washer holds both down. I had to slightly
grind some of my washers so they would sit parallel to the head when
holding the manifolds on. Be sure that you are using the thick washers
that Datsun put on to start with, thinner washers don't work very well.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner