Off topic; Z car question

To: "Roadster Mail Group" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Off topic; Z car question
From: "audela2" <audela2@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 18:11:19 -0700
Len is looking at a local '72 240Z.  It doesn't have the original engine, and
has the flat top SUs that to our understanding come off of a '73 or '74.

There is a device that looks like it is supposed to be part of the assembly
that is driven by the belt off of the engine.  It has been bypassed; doesn't
look like it's worked for awhile.  It has a hose leading to the front carb; we
suspect it is part of the smog control system.

Our concern is getting the Z to pass emission testing, which it definitely
will have to do.  It is tagged through October, and the current owner just
recently purchased it (he's buying a Camaro & wife told him something had to
go before he brings it home).  Any input would be greatly appreciated

Roadster content; being down one operable car this week, we dusted off the
1500 for the 30 mi. round trip to see the Z.  Starting tomorrow, she'll be a
"daily driver" for awhile.

Charlotte & Leonard Hoover
Phoenix, Arizona
'64 SPL310 1500