RE: OT: must-see Miata accessories

To: "'shiftco'" <shifty@shiftco.com>, SPL311RDST@aol.com,
Subject: RE: OT: must-see Miata accessories
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 09:17:01 -0700
>Laurie Wrote - Any long-term (MX-5) owners care to offer buying tips/advice
OFF-List ?

>>Leigh Shifty Brooks Wrote - Early cars - (89 - early 90) have a weak
crankshaft - later cars fixed the problem.

I still have a hankering for a 90 or 91 myself. I just think they look
"cleaner" than the later models. My coworker has a 91, a real red sweetie.
I've noticed, when he speaks about driving his Miata, it sounds just like
us. That same "soul-groove" driving experience. I've told him that he
doesn't need that car anymore and he should sell it to me at that special
"pal-o-mine" price. I don't think he's falling for that.

The plus of the 91 is that the infamous #4 thrust bearing problem/failure
had been corrected. Not that you should shy away from a good 89-90 for that.
The failure occurred within 12,000 miles if it was going to happen.

Laurie, I found a buyers guide for you at
http://www.miata.net/faq/usedmx5.html

If I ever get a red sports car, It will most likely be a 91 MX-5!