RE: another 67 2L surfaces

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: RE: another 67 2L surfaces
From: Mitch Planck <mitch@ias.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 08:22:27 -0400
I'm in the process of converting my '70 1600 into a '67.5 2000. No wait, a
'70 2000, or was it a '69 2000? I'm all for original cars, but I've seen to
many 429 Cobras in one car show to believe it too much. What I'm really
making is going to be either a '69 Fairlady or a '70 Fairlady, with the
SR20DET engine, when I get around to buying one, so it will be a 2000, just
not an SRL-311. I suppose I'll have to call it a '70, since most of the
parts are coming from that car, I just like the thought of having a roadster
from the sixties instead of the seventies better - just my weird ideas
though. My point, and I don't really have one, is make, or buy, the car you
like. That's what I'm doing. ;<)

-Mitch
'69 parts donor
'70, no '67.5 2000, no '70 rusty frame sitting in the garage for the next
couple years