Re: Greasing front suspension (and list comments)

To: nqrithjim@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Greasing front suspension (and list comments)
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:11:39 +0000
Finally got around to greasing the front end.

I counted 19 nipples - 9 on each side plus an extra one on the passenger
side on the pivot point that kind of corresponded to the steering box on the
drivers side (dunno if that made a lot of sense)

I checked the diagrams in the manual, and couldn't find any that I'd missed.
  Is this right, guys?  Or is there a couple that I'm likely to have missed.
  She certainly FEELS a lot better.  Some seals have gone, but all the
squeaks have gone away, along with the bumpiness that had developed.

Guys, I'd really, REALLY hate to lose some guys off the list over some
people getting the (mistaken) that you can design ANYTHING by committee.  I
consider a fair number of guys here to be friends of mine, and I'd hate to
lose touch with any of them.

Cheers all,
Steve
('68 2000 Solex)