Fairlady shirts, nevermind.

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fairlady shirts, nevermind.
From: "Mark Dent" <mark@dealermats.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 12:14:04 -0400
All,

Seeing as everyone else can do the Fairlady shirts, better than me, or
locally, or whatever, I will not be doing them.  Another good idea that will
never happen.  If you want to go to a local shop and pay a setup fee and get
your own, fine.  I will get mine and a few for people I know.  Everybody else
ask Tom.  See if it happens.  I should have learned after the calendars.

Signing off the list:  See ya.

Mark
Baltimore MD U.S.A.
1964 1500
www.datsunroadsters.com
www.roadster.org

Tom Wrote:

Any embroiderer should be able add text to a design at the time they prepare
the
file for loading into their machine.  I have posted Fairlady embroidery
machine
files at: http://www.fransfancies.com/datsun if you want to have your hat or
shirt done locally to you.

Once I have determined whether or not the Datsun logo's are protected and if
so,
receive authorization from Nissan to reproduce them (they are trying to
figure
out who can give me that information/permission now) I plan to offer hats
with
the D in script form on the front, Datsun model # ( Datsun 2000 for example)
below the D, and the VIN number in an arc on the rear of the hat.  That
describes the hat I am wearing when I work on my car now.

If I find that the Datsun logo's are not copywrite protected, or receive
permission to duplicate and distribute them I will probably offer
customizations
for people who order garments.  I am trying to get the permission in a form
which I can post on my web page and you will be able to download, along with
the
embroidery machine file, and give to your local embroiderer to assure them
that
Nissan is not going to show up with a van to take their shop away from them
just
because they stitched a shirt for you.  Some companies, not Nissan, have been
known to do exactly that when their copywrites are violated.  That is why I
am
being so careful now.

Garments are available in a number of colors.  For you with yellow cars, me
included, I don't think a color match will be found.  I think for all other
Datsun factory colors, and many custom, there are shirt colors that come
fairly
close.

Mark
Baltimore MD U.S.A.