Re: Any tips or tricks for removing carbs

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Any tips or tricks for removing carbs
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 19:17:16 -0400
  At Sloan Racing, where pulling the manifolds happens often on our two SCCA
G Production 1600 roadster, we have found that the Sear's ratcheting open
end wrenches are great for those nuts under the manifolds.  That, and the
fact that we normally leave those bolts for Cathy Ann (the daughter part of
the father/daughter team drivers!) since she has smaller hands that fit much
better!  If Cathy Ann isn't around, we have had some luck in talking Cathy
(the wife/mom of the team) in to the job a few time.  But then she was the
whole crew for years before I showed up to help.

Paul Kort
1969 1600