Over heating question

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: Over heating question
From: Eric Wittinger <ewittinger@Pixelworks.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:41:14 -0700
Hi All,

Here is a new one for me.  Has anyone had this problem before:

Car runs great in town driving and freeway driving for ~1.75 hours (1hr 45min)
then the car starts to over heat really bad.  When I pulled over in a gas
station and popped the cap (on a 1600) begin careful due to pressure and hot
water, it blew lots of steam out and then a show of water followed. I then put
in more water to cool the car off and things were fine. This has happened twice
now. Any thought. I am not sure where the water is going, (not into the oil
though)

The only thing I can think of is that the tower cap or the over flow cap do not
seal well and as the car heats up it blow steam and water out.... Any other
thoughts?

Thanks
Eric