Re: Solex Manifold for 1600...

To: Dwight Woodruff <dwoodru1@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Solex Manifold for 1600...
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 21:37:44 -0700
Isn't that the Holy grail of 1600 parts?  I was wondering what it would
take to make one, as there are always numerous 40 DCOE webers and 40 PHH
solex/mikuni's on Ebay that would be perfect for a 1600.  Making one is
certainly possible, but I am not sure what 1600 owners would be willing to
pay for one.  When I bring this up to my fabricator friend Steve, he
always responds "Well, if you're going to go to all the trouble of making
a manifold, why not go fuel injection instead?"  Anyone interested?  What
would you be willing to pay (not that I am looking to make a living at
this mind you... more just to see if interest corresponds with what it
would take money-wise to do it).
Greg Burrows
67 2000 (Mikuni/Solex)