The countdown has begun (Long)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: The countdown has begun (Long)
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:26:57 -0700
Hello All,

Those of you who know me (and many that don't) are aware that I have been
planning the restoration of my 67.5 2000 for almost two years now. I have
dropped copius amounts of money buying parts, spent a lot of hours
dismantling the car and lately have been boxing all of the parts and
preparing them for delivery to the restorer.

I had originally intended to do as much of the restoration as I could
myself, but quickly found out that it was more work than I was willing to do
AND maintain a life. I respect people that do the work themselves (Paul
Bauman and Jon Frampton come to mind), but I don't have the time to devote
to it. Still, I worked hard to get the funds to make this possible.

This weekend I am going to my dad's house (where the car is stored) and I am
going to start the photo journal of the car's restoration. I will be
updating my personal website with the info and will keep it updated
throughout its restoration. The restorer has promised me that I will get
digital pics and updates monthly and I will use that information to update
the website.

For those of you out there that are restoring your cars from the ground up,
I salute you. It has been a long road and I am finally at the point where
the car is going to go in and get done. I have been quoted anywhere from
12-14 months for the job and I am not in a rush. The car is going to be a
black with red interior beauty and I look forward to the day when I pick him
up. 43 days to go and counting.

So it begins. Thanks again to everyone who made this possible. Shari, Paul,
Jon, Victor, Roman, Fergus, Les, Stan, Dean, Ross, Tom, Pam and many others
deserve my thanks. I will have a signature plaque attached to the underside
of my trunk lid. I will have all of you sign it.

Thanks for everything and looking forward to seeing it done,

Andrew