Re: West Coasters

To: datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: West Coasters
From: Guy Pepoy <gppepoy@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:09:14 -0700
Hi Mike,
All is well here... for the moment.  I have lived in Arizona off and on for 50
years or so.  I have never, ever seen it so dry.  None of the "old timers"  I
know have ever seen it so dry.  It is spooky.  One spark,  one nitwit tossing a
cigarette butt or starting a campfire and thousands of acres of timber,
grassland amd property will blow up in flames.  So far, we have been..."lucky."
The fires that have started have been somewhat controlled.  The bad news is the
hot, dry season has not really arrived in full force. Most of my family live in
the high country (the White Mountains) of Arizona.  This is an area that has
mostly ponderosa, oak and doug fir.  Every one is fearful.  It is so dry.
Windy.  No grass is green. Only the hardiest weeds are alive.  Spooky.  We need
rain....bad.
Thaks for asking.  Send some moisture our way.
Guy
67.5 Stroker
Tempe, AZ