suspension opinions

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: suspension opinions
From: Mitch Planck <mitch@ias.net>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 11:41:54 -0400
I'm working my way down to the suspension on my project and I'm starting to
think about how I want to do it. I've seen the comp setup on the Internet -
springs, shocks, comp sway bar in front, stiffer rear springs, shocks,
adding a sway bar in back. This stuff lowers ride height about 2", I think,
and while it gives better handling, it removes a certain level of comfort,
something that our little cars don't have a lot of. I don't plan on doing
any racing or track activities, mostly around town, highway, and a little
fun now and then. I would like to be able to drive a few hundred miles in a
stretch without too much pain. What kind of setup would be best for this?

Thanks in advance!

Mitch Planck
Chelsea, MI
'69 1600 rust bucket