Re: Electric fuel pumps (was: vapor lock revisited ...)

To: Thomas - Sweden <csp311@telia.com>
Subject: Re: Electric fuel pumps (was: vapor lock revisited ...)
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:23:16 -0500 (CDT)
Thomas,

While it is true that RWD Volvos (240's and 260's) have two fuel pumps, I
was refering to the mechanism of protecting a vehicle from a run away
electric fuel pump in the case of an accident. Besides, as far as I can
remember all the 240's and 260's were FI engines, which used much higer
fuel pressure than we can possibly use on our roadsters, so these fuel
pumps would be of no use to us.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner