some items up on eBay

To: "roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: some items up on eBay
From: "Peter Long" <Peter.Long@ecologic.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 14:48:53 -0400
Marc sent me this response to my question - I had not thought of this.

 Has anyone done the appropriate machining of a 240Z drum hub opening,
to make it work on a roadster?  Any recollection of just how much bigger
the hole needs to be?

Thanks again

Pete Long

--------------------------

The center hole in the Z drums is much smaller than the Roadster drums.
While I've never acutally tried a set of Z drums on a Roadster, I doubt
the center hole will fit over the hub. I also belive that both car's
drums are what's known as hub-centric, that is the center hole fits
tightly over the hub to center the drum properly. That means to used a
drum you would have to have the center hole remachined to fit the
Roadster hub exactly. It would need to be precise and acurate machining
and not just sloppy clearancing work.

--
Marc Sayer
82 280ZX Turbo