i think i forgot something important

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: i think i forgot something important
From: Marko Lahtinen <lahtinen_marko@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 17:00:50 +1000 (EST)
Hi all

My car is a few more weeks from starting and something
has been exercising my mind enough to ask the list
even though i'd rather just not mention it at all if
i've done bad.

Picture this.
Replace the 13" wheels on a 1500 with 14" wheels from
a 1600.  Put a low profile tire on the wheel so that
the outside diameter stays the same (and the speedo
continues to read true).

So far so good you say.  The 1600 wheels sit a bit
wider than the 1500 wheel but not enough to cause
problems.  The car drove well and looks good too.

Then replace the front drum brakes with disc brakes
from a 1600.  This widens the front track a bit more.

Now you see my dilemma.  The 1600 guards are different
to cope with the wider track and larger overall
diameter wheel of the 1600.  I have not yet been able
to drive my car to test the fit of this arrangement
(still putting it together, pushing up and down the
driveway is hard work).  I keep hoping that as my
wheels are not bigger in diameter, I will be ok. Or
will I need to have the guards modified to fit?

Can anyone tell me one way or another?

Thanks

Marko
64 1500 R16
(new number plate ordered, registration inspection
booked, just to put the pressure on to finish assembly
in the next 4 weeks)

http://briefcase.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Briefcase
- Save your important files online for easy access!