Use of old U20 gears and floor pan heat

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Use of old U20 gears and floor pan heat
From: "Allen" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:34:41 -0700
To List,

My U20 gears are okay, but I will need to replace them.  I was thinking about
re-using them in my rebuild for the time being.  Hopefully, since it appears
with renewed vigor, that someone may find a solution to coming up with new
gears.  So, do you think it would be alright to re-use those gears until we
get the gears made?  I don't have the money right now to afford new gears
through the vendors and I would actually like to use my car this summer.

On a side note, does anyone know how hot the floor pan gets in our cars?  I
was thinking about a Dynamat alternative such as Reflectix that is available
at Lowe's for about $17 for 25' roll and $27 for a 50' roll.  I emailed the
company and they said it can take direct heat of 180 degrees. I wanted to put
it under the carpet to reduce sound and heat.

Any opinions of both of the above?

Allen