Timing Sprockets

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Timing Sprockets
From: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@gwi.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 10:54:27 -0400
Has anyone ever taken a U20 timing chain to a power transmission house and
asked
if they had sprockets to match?  Someplace like Motion Industries, or Kaman
or even
someplace selling Martin Industries products.

Does anyone know the pitch of the chain?  You may want a machinist to do a
good accurate measurement.  Most sprockets can be bought with a reborable
hub and even
hardened teeth on some sizes.

If someone could tell me the pitch, overall width, number of teeth on each
sprocket and shaft diameter going thru the sprockets, I'd be happy to call
my local power transmission
house and see what is available.

daveS
unemployed 1600 owner...